The Library of Tirion

Series compiled by Angelica

| | |

As the Silmarillion Writers\' Guild turned five and reached its 1000th story, we thought it was a good time to look back on the authors who were active before our Archive opened in 2007. So we asked our members to suggest names of writers they had enjoyed reading in order to try to contact them. In this series you will find a collection of stories selected by these authors as their favourite or most representative productions.

We sincerely hope you enjoy rediscovering these wonderful authors. Do review their stories! They are willing to receive new opinions and different points of view!

Special thanks to Ithilwen, whose help to launch this project was invaluable.

Ratings and warning will vary: please check each story.

If you\'d like to suggest an author for inclusion in the Library of Tirion project, please see our Library of Tirion page.

Series Information

Summary:

As the Silmarillion Writers\' Guild turned five and reached its 1000th story, we thought it was a good time to look back on the authors who were active before our Archive opened in 2007. So we asked our members to suggest names of writers they had enjoyed reading in order to try to contact them. In this series you will find a collection of stories selected by these authors as their favourite or most representative productions.

We sincerely hope you enjoy rediscovering these wonderful authors. Do review their stories! They are willing to receive new opinions and different points of view!

Special thanks to Ithilwen, whose help to launch this project was invaluable.

Ratings and warning will vary: please check each story.

If you\'d like to suggest an author for inclusion in the Library of Tirion project, please see our Library of Tirion page.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Genre:

Challenges:


Fanworks in "The Library of Tirion"

This is a Writing fanwork

The House of Feanor by Deborah Judge

Warnings: Mature Themes, Violence (Mild)

In Valinor, Nerdanel sculpts, Anaire teaches lore, Finarfin regrets, Idril claims her birthright, and the world changes.

This is a Writing fanwork

Fell Fire by Finch

Warnings: Mature Themes

The sad love story of Aegnor, brother of Finrod, and the mortal woman Andreth.

 

 

This is a Writing fanwork

As Little Might Be Thought by Deborah Judge

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

The development of the relationship between Maglor and his foster-sons Elrond and Elros, from the sack of Sirion to the loss of the Silmarils.

This is a Writing fanwork

Talking Hurts by Lipstick

Warnings: Rape/Nonconsensual Sex, Torture, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Graphic), Violence (Moderate)

Maedhros is rescued from Thangorodrim, Maglor tries to talk him back to sanity

This is a Writing fanwork

Across the Sea by Alena

Warnings: Mature Themes, Violence (Mild)

A lost young woman comes to Alqualondë with tales of pity and wonder, bringing hope, heartbreak, and most unexpectedly, the beginnings of healing.

This is a Writing fanwork

Lasciate Ogne Speranza? by Finch

Warnings: Mature Themes

A meeting in early 14th-century Italy between a condottiere and a poet

 

This is a Writing fanwork

Mother and Daughter by Deborah Judge

Warnings: No warnings apply

On Elven gender, Maedhros, textual transmission, and the parentage of Gil-galad.

This is a Writing fanwork

A Day in the Life of a Retired Kinslayer by Lipstick

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Graphic)

This happened shortly after the move to the coast...

This is a Writing fanwork

Interview with a Kinslayer by Lipstick

Warnings: Mature Themes

Maedhros and Maglor receive unexpected visitors.

This is a Writing fanwork

Gathering the Pieces by Tehta

Warnings: Mature Themes, Violence (Mild)

A Maedhros-sans-hand story which is darker than most. Maedhros views his life's work as a game. He plots his moves and gathers some important pieces.

This is a Writing fanwork

Ill Chance or Strange Fates by Ivanneth

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

Fingon baby-sits, and has an unexpected visitor.

This is a Writing fanwork

In Vino Veritas by Perelleth

Warnings: No warnings apply

A conversation between Fingon and Maedhros, after Finrod’s death.

This is a Writing fanwork

Deep Waters by Finch

Warnings: Mature Themes

Balan, leader of the first Men to enter Beleriand, asks Finrod Felagund some personal questions. 

 

 

This is a Writing fanwork

Flawed and Fair by Tehta

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

 

When Aredhel leaves Gondolin, Ecthelion is part of her escort. During the journey, he will have to deal with Finwe's grandchild, spitting Sindar, orcs, unlight, giant spiders -- and his unnatural feelings for Glorfindel. Slash, spiky humour.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Wedge by Finch

Warnings: Incest, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Mild)

 

Fingolfin visits his sister Lalwen and receives a surprise.

This is a Writing fanwork

Mighty Sword by lanyon

Warnings: Mature Themes

Turgon looks back.

This is a Writing fanwork

Mayday by Lipstick

Warnings: No warnings apply

A Fingolfian springtime celebration by the shores of lake Mithrim, complete with gatecrasher.

This is a Writing fanwork

Naming the Stones by Deborah Judge

Warnings: Mature Themes

Elrond and Galadriel remember the First Age, the Silmarils, and the guilt of their people.

This is a Writing fanwork

Quo Vadis? by Tehta

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

As Gondolin burns, Salgant—ever an artist—chooses his fate.

This is a Writing fanwork

Father-Names by Finch

Warnings: Mature Themes, Violence (Mild)

Maglor, rembembering the fate of Dior's sons, sets out to search for the sons of Elwing after the attack on the Havens of Sirion.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Dying Fire by Vasiliki

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes

Andreth's last night

This is a Writing fanwork

Confessions of a Sharp Glance by Mercurie

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

In the Halls of Mandos, Maeglin reveals the darkest moments of his life to an unusual listener

This is a Writing fanwork

Silver and Gold by Oboe-Wan

Warnings: No warnings apply

Galadriel and Celeborn meet in Doriath

This is a Writing fanwork

Captain Tinkerbell by Lipstick

Warnings: Mature Themes, Violence (Mild)

Maglor is in the British trenches in WW1, and he gets to meet a certain young officer with a liking for ancient mythology.

This is a Writing fanwork

Beleg's Doom by Tehta

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

It has been said that character is fate, and this certainly holds true for Beleg, whose single-minded focus leads him straight to his Doom. 

This is a Writing fanwork

Grace by lanyon

Warnings: Mature Themes

If Quendi are going to live in the Modern Day, someone should teach them how not to break hearts. Featuring Fingon, the apparently Valiant.

This is a Writing fanwork

Between Two Worlds by Marnie

Warnings: No warnings apply

Young Ereinion Gil-Galad faces a childhood in wartime exile, with some help from a couple of Sindar, accounted among the Wise in Middle-earth.

This is a Writing fanwork

When I Am Wise by Deborah Judge

Warnings: No warnings apply

At the end of the First Age, Elrond and Elros must choose between mortality and immortality.

This is a Writing fanwork

Moving Apart by Marnie

Warnings: No warnings apply

Cultural differences among Elves did not sink with Beleriand

This is a Writing fanwork

The Difference Between a Seagull and a Phoenix by Lipstick

Warnings: Expletive Language

Maedhros lives, and my is he bitter and twisted. That's about it for plot really, more of a character study or perhaps more accurately character assassination.

This is a Writing fanwork

Epilogue - A Fairy Story by Lipstick

Warnings: Expletive Language, Mature Themes, Violence (Mild)

Maedhros and Maglor reunite at the end of times - or almost.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Guardian of the Walls by Deborah Judge

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Graphic), Violence (Mild)

On the failed romance of Aredhel and Celegorm.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Follower by Ivanneth

Warnings: No warnings apply

The story of Fingon

 

This is a Writing fanwork

Truth Against the World by Lipstick

Warnings: No warnings apply

Maglor and the Dragon

This is a Writing fanwork

In the Seventh Age by Deborah Judge

Warnings: No warnings apply

The final fate of Maglor son of Feanor.

This is a Writing fanwork

For Him I Cry by Elithien

Warnings: No warnings apply

A farewell between Finrod and Amarie at Aman.

 

This is a Writing fanwork

Bringing Gifts by Deborah Judge

Warnings: Mature Themes

A Silmarillion-based Christmas story. Maglor gives a gift to the Child and receives something in return.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Price by Naltariel

Warnings: Mature Themes

Galadriel and Beren had a talk after he returned to Doriath.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Talebearer by erunyauve

Warnings: No warnings apply

A very neglected son of Finarfin has a moment in the sun.

This is a Writing fanwork

Under the Curse by Finch

Warnings: Character Death, Sexual Content (Mild), Violence (Moderate)

The love of two fallen Elves: Maedhros and Fingon.

This is a Writing fanwork

Strange Fortunes by Tehta

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

The city of Gondolin is at peace, and yet several of its citizens harbour resentments, ambitions, and unnatural desires: Maeglin longs to assume his rightful position as Turgon's heir and Idril's spouse; Salgant hopes to avenge himself for past humiliations; and Ecthelion and Glorfindel indulge in deception even as they devote their lives to duty. Many secrets will be revealed, but only slowly and with much confusion, in this comedy of misunderstandings.  

This is a Writing fanwork

Through the Darkness Unescapable by Valiniel

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes

The Alkallabeth was written as a history, but histories rarely reveal the whole truth. What was the truth behind the life of Tar Miriel, last queen of Numenor?

 

 

This is a Writing fanwork

The Wisdom of Isildur by Marnie

Warnings: No warnings apply

After Gil-Galad's death, Elrond and Celeborn talk power, allegiances and rings.

This is a Writing fanwork

Oak and Willow by Marnie

Warnings: No warnings apply

The story of Celeborn and Galadriel, with a difference - this time it's from the Sindar POV.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Advancement of Learning by Cloaked Eagle

Warnings: No warnings apply

Some twelve thousand years after the War of Wrath, a Vanyarin scholar is researching Finrod Felagund, and meets someone she did not expect.

 

 

This is a Writing fanwork

Oath Renewed by Inglor

Warnings: No warnings apply

Narsil was 3000 years old before it came to Elendil, how did he get it?

This is a Writing fanwork

Narn Gil-galad by Earonn

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Mild)

The life of the last High King of the Noldor.