Band of the Red Hand

Series compiled by heget

| | |

Centered around a reoccurring cast of original characters - or at least characters unnamed in the text - from Nargothrond, namely the ten companions of Finrod and Beren and their friends who did not go. The name references two things: first the red hand in Beren\'s sigil, the second is the name of Matt Cauthon\'s army from The Wheel of Time. The other unifying feature of these stories is that they are often fusions or at least partly based on characters from other series (like WoT) adapted into The Silmarillion.

\

Eventually I\'ll have at least a vingette for each of the ten who died in Tol-in-Gaurhoth; the other half of the project is Release from Bondage and any spin-offs or sequels.

Series Information

Summary:

Centered around a reoccurring cast of original characters - or at least characters unnamed in the text - from Nargothrond, namely the ten companions of Finrod and Beren and their friends who did not go. The name references two things: first the red hand in Beren\'s sigil, the second is the name of Matt Cauthon\'s army from The Wheel of Time. The other unifying feature of these stories is that they are often fusions or at least partly based on characters from other series (like WoT) adapted into The Silmarillion.

\

Eventually I\'ll have at least a vingette for each of the ten who died in Tol-in-Gaurhoth; the other half of the project is Release from Bondage and any spin-offs or sequels.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Genre:

Challenges:


Fanworks in "Band of the Red Hand"

This is a Writing fanwork

The Bull and the Tides by heget

Warnings: Character Death

The story of the first companion of Finrod and Beren to die in the dungeons of Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

This is a Writing fanwork

Three Leagues by heget

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

The story of the second companion of Finrod and Beren to die in the dungeons of Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

This is a Writing fanwork

Filial Piety by heget

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes

The story of the third companion of Finrod and Beren to die in the dungeons of Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

This is a Writing fanwork

Eyes Bright with Honor by heget

Warnings: No warnings apply

The story of the fourth companion of Finrod and Beren to die in the dungeons of Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

This is a Writing fanwork

Kingfisher in a Cage by heget

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

The story of the fifth companion of Finrod and Beren to die in the dungeons of Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

This is a Writing fanwork

Soldier by heget

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Mild)

The story of the sixth companion of Finrod and Beren to die in the dungeons of Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

This is a Writing fanwork

Pins by heget

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

The story of the seventh companion of Finrod and Beren to die in the dungeons of Tol-in-Gaurhoth. 

This is a Writing fanwork

Take Thy Brother's Hand by heget

Warnings: Mature Themes

The story of the eighth companion of Finrod and Beren to die in the dungeons of Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

 

This is a Writing fanwork

Promise You Won't Forget by heget

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

The story of the ninth companion of Finrod and Beren to die in the dungeons of Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Scrape of the Knife Against the Vellum by heget

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

The story of the tenth companion of Finrod and Beren to die in the dungeons of Tol-in-Gaurhoth.

This is a Writing fanwork

Survivor's Guilt Coda by heget

Warnings: No warnings apply

Beren has done this before, carrying the names of the dead.

This is a Writing fanwork

Release from Bondage by heget

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Moderate), Violence (Moderate)

The story of two elves from Nargothrond, neither important enough to be mentioned in the family trees of kings or heroic songs, who lost their names in Angband's slavery. The childhood companion of Finduilas Faelivrin must take the princess's identity to survive in the enemy's hands. Another prisoner, regretting he did not join Beren’s quest, tries his best to save her.

or

The later half of The Silmarillion from the POV of prisoners in Angband, as inspired by A Dance with Dragons.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Girls of Minas Tirith by heget

Warnings: No warnings apply

These are the girls of Minas Tirith before Sauron comes.

(Character study to Release from Bondage)

This is a Writing fanwork

"oh t'have a courtin' beau, an' have him crown me queen of May" by heget

Warnings: No warnings apply

A cute outing early on in the courtship of Finduilas Faelivrin and Gwindor during the Long Peace.

This is a Writing fanwork

Some Things You Can't Punch by heget

Warnings: No warnings apply

One of the Noldor women left behind in Valinor is motivated to join the Army of the Valar and comes to Middle-earth looking for a childhood friend.

A short companion piece to Promise You won't Forget and Release from Bondage.

This is a Writing fanwork

Warpath Home by heget

Warnings: No warnings apply

After Finrod's companions are reborn at the start of the Second Age, what do they do in the new eternity of peaceful paradise that awaits them?
How does a culture readjust?
What is Bân going to do with his second life?

This is a Writing fanwork

Lemon Cakes by heget

Warnings: No warnings apply

The group of elves who were harrowed by the dungeon of Tol-in-Gaurhoth join with friends and family early in the peace of the Second Age to have a sweet snack.

This is a Writing fanwork

Royalties by heget

Warnings: No warnings apply

A glimpse into a new life in Valinor of the Second Age for one of Finrod's companions. The pin-maker's son does not expect the new windfall before him.

The happy sequel to "Pins".

This is a Writing fanwork

Our Lady of Canine Compassion by heget

Warnings: No warnings apply

A dangling plot thread from Chapter Eight of Release from Bondage answered.

Early into the Second Age, Faron has a most unexpected visitor.