The Wild of the Helcaraxë by ArizonaPoppy

| | |

Chapter 1


Snow and rime crunched under their feet as the Noldor trudged onward. The ice popped and moaned around them. If these were part of the music of the Ainur, they were mournful and winsome. Aredhel stuffed her hands in her waistcoat tighter against the winter chill.

“Wilst thou give me a whole set of wampum if I manage to touch that walrus over there?” Fingon waggled his eyebrows.

“What, that one the size of a wain?” Aredhel stomped her foot. A wave of pain shot up her foot from the hard ice, leaving cold in its wake. “That’s a foolhardy bet. I will not give thee any such thing. You should wisely keep your distance.”

Fingon shrugged. Stealthily, step over step, he approached his target.

The great beast reared its head, waving its fatty neck, showing its long tusks. It lunged forward.

Fingon’s courage waned. He turned and ran. The water shifted the floes underneath them. He caught his toe on a walm and went sprawling.

Aredhel stood over him, and waggled her finger. She shook her head, and then reached down to haul Fingon up. “Why hast thou wruxled things up? Truly, you have the brain of a walnut.”


Chapter End Notes

Special thank you to the members of the SWG who bounced around headcanons with me last night!


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment