Show your pride by daughterofshadows

| | |

Show your pride

I sincerely apologise for the text speech. One day I will learn how to format this a bit better


Tyelko’s lunchbreak had finally begun when his phone buzzed with a new message.

 

‘This dog supports bisexual aromantics! Share to show that you do, too!’

 

A tumblr post. Tyelko sighed. Why was his brother like this? He could ignore it, of course, but from experience he knew that Kano wouldn’t stop bugging him until he had gotten some sort of reaction. Might as well see what this was about.

But before he could click on the link, when another message arrived.

‘I see Huan is ready for pride. Didn’t know he was coming with us. Might be tight, but we should manage to get everyone into the car. Talk later to discuss details.’

 

He stared at the message. It didn’t help. The words didn’t turn into something more sensible.

Why on Earth would they be taking Huan with them? Neither Finno’s nor Daeron’s cars were big enough to fit him, and besides Huan hated crowds. Tyelko would never force him to endure all the noise on top of the one-hour car ride.

Especially when their two options for transport were crammed into a car with Kano and his partners, which meant singing the entire time, or sharing with Finno, Nelyo and Írissë.

Tyelko didn’t mind Írissë, but Finno’s driving was awful. He was surprised time and time again that his car remained in working condition the way he hit all potholes and speed bumps head-on.

Valar, he was so glad that he would be allowed to drive on his own next year!

 

He started to text back when he hit the link accidentally. Tyelko shrugged. Seemed like he was going to find out what this was about, after all.

Of course, the picture took ages to load, but when it finally did, Tyelko suddenly understood.

It was a photo of a dog with an aromantic flag draped over its back and a bisexual flag under its paws.

Specifically, it was a photo of Huan.

He remembered the day it was taken.

He’d been looking for something, maybe a shirt?, while Írissë sat on his desk giving snarky commentary, because his room was a mess – as usual – and it had taken 10 minutes to find it.

The flags had fallen out of a drawer and Huan had pounced on them. He’d dragged the bi flag back to his blanket, the aro flag draped across him like a cape, miraculously staying in place where it had settled on top of him.

He’d plopped down on his bed, his prize tucked securely under his paws and panted happily at them.

Írissë must have taken the photo, because he definitely hadn’t.

 

He fired off a quick message to Kano saying that no, Huan would not be coming to pride, no need to worry, before opening the chat with Írissë.

 

‘Huan pic on tumblr. Írissë WHy?’

He added the link.

 

‘OME, it ended up on tumblr? How did you find it? You’re not on there’

 

‘Kano. Thought Huan’s coming with us to pride. Idiot.’

 

‘Lmao. Gotta get back to work. ttyl’

 

Tyelko sighed. Their family was such a mess.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment