Just bruises by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For the Boxing and the Canoe/Kayak Flatwater prompt!

Pleased to announce that I did manage to work the bruised fruits into this double drabble XD (And yes, it is a double drabble. Despite the word count here claiming otherwise)

A short and sweet daddy-daughter bonding moment, because Nerdanel & Mahtan are a relationship dear to my heart and they deserve more love.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In which Nerdanel tries to sneak some cookies and takes a small tumble. Luckily, Papa is there to help!

Major Characters: Mahtan, Nerdanel

Major Relationships: Mahtan & Nerdanel

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family, Ficlet, Fluff

Challenges: Middle-earth Olympics

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 202
Posted on 20 July 2021 Updated on 20 July 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Just bruises

It's coming up to midnight, so I will blame any remaining mistakes or awkward wordings on the late hour *grins*

Read Just bruises

Mahtan paused when he first heard something tumble to the floor, followed by a soft thud.

In the kitchen, he found his daughter sitting dazedly on the floor, surrounded by apples.

“Are you hurt, sweet one?”, he asked, concern lacing his voice.

At first Nerdanel shook her head, but she changed her mind and presented her scraped elbow.

“Oh no! Shall I kiss it better?”

He scooped her up and peppered the bruise with kisses, making Nerdanel giggle.

“Stop it, Papa! Your beard tickles!”

Mahtan laughed and rubbed his chin against her cheek.

“Does it? Oh, what a shame! I am afraid, I cannot stop!”

 

He bounced her on his hip.

“Now, what were you looking for, little one?”

Nerdanel snuggled into his chest.

“I wanted a cookie”, she mumbled contritely.

“Did you? Even though Mama said not to spoil your appetite for supper?”

Nerdanel pouted.

“But supper is not for another hour! That’s forever!”

She looked down at the apples, frowning.

“I didn’t mean to hurt the apples, Papa…”

“Do not worry, sweetheart. Just like you, they are only a little bruised. Shall we see if we can convince Mama to make apple pie from them?”

Nerdanel smiled brightly.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

daughterofshadows has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.