Made of stone by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Also a creation during the Insta-drabble session 20.08.2022 Restoration and Rebuilding.

The prompt quote was from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, which is why a German version of this exists, too.

We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise, we harden.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Osgiliath has fallen, and Denethor sits in his hall, face as stony as the statues around him.

Faramir fears for the future.

Major Characters: Faramir

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 113
Posted on 20 August 2022 Updated on 22 August 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Made of Stone

Rated Teen, because I felt the tenseness of the situation warranted it.

This is set just before Denethor sends Faramir on his suicide mission to reclaim Osgiliath after all.

Read Made of Stone

Denethor sat in his hall, surrounded by statues of the kings of old and became more like them every single day.

Now that Boromir was dead, it seemed even likelier that he would turn into stone himself.

The war was hard on all of them, Faramir knew that, and now that Gandalf had returned to Minas Tirith with rumours about Isildur’s heir on his heels, Denethor felt like a hare in the trap.

Like the statues, he was unwilling to change. He would doom the city ere he accepted the return of the king.

But now Osgiliath had fallen and Denethor stood at the crossroads.

Would he bend or would he break?


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.