Homecomings by Independence1776

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I haven't liked this for well over a decade but I hate when fics disappear from the internet, which is the only reason I both haven't deleted it and am crossposting it.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

When Elrond reaches Valinor, he doesn't quite get the welcome he expected.

This was originally published on ff.net in December 2004 and is being crossposted purely for archival purposes.

Major Characters: Celebrían, Elrond

Major Relationships: Celebrían/Elrond

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 596
Posted on 21 August 2022 Updated on 21 August 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Homecomings

Read Homecomings

Elrond looked over the prow of the ship and smiled. He could barely see Celebrían, but the fact that she was there was enough for him. It had been centuries since he has last seen her. He looked over to his right when he noticed Elladan standing next to him.

"You see her, ion nin?"

"Yes, Adar, I do."

The two of them remained silent for the rest of the journey to port. When the boat docked and was tied up, the Peredhil family was the last to leave the ship. Elrond disembarked first, flanked by his twin sons. Elrond nearly ran down the ramp in joy. When he got to Celebrían, they didn't even talk. He immediately got pulled into a hug and a long kiss. After stopping for breath, Celebrían pulled back and looked around. She saw Elladan and Elrohir. A small frown creased her forehead when she didn't see Arwen.

That's when Elrond started worrying. He had thought about a way to tell her that Arwen was never coming to Valinor, but he was hoping that he would be able to tell his wife in private. That wasn't going to happen. He could see her mentally saying her children's names in her head.

Elladan, Elrohir,-

"Elrond, where's Arwen?"

Elrond immediately paled and took a step back onto the ramp of the ship.

"Um, she didn't come with us."

"Where is my daughter?"

Another step.

"She's in Arda."

"Where is she, Elrond?"

Another step.

"She stayed behind."

"Why?"

Elrond took a deep breath, two more steps back, and mentally composed himself.

"She married my son, Estel."

"Your son."

His eyes widened as he realized his mistake. Celebrían immediately lost control

of her temper and started poking him in the chest.

"Your son! Your son! When did you get another son? You-"

Elrond backed up to avoid her finger and managed to back straight into the railing on the far side of the ship.

"I adopted him when his father died. I raised him as my own. He's a Dunedain-"

"You let my daughter marry a MORTAL! I suppose she choose to be mortal then?"

Elrond could only nod.

"You let my daughter choose to be mortal?"

Another nod.

"You didn't do anything to stop it?"

"I told Aragorn that he had to become king of Gondor first..."

Celebrían grew even angrier at this.

"So, you let my daughter choose mortality and let her become Queen of a mortal nation?"

Elrond nodded again. That's when his wife pushed him over the side of the ship. He fell into the water and came up sputtering. But by the time he had reoriented himself and started to tread water, she had disappeared from the side of the ship. His sons were looking down at him and shaking their heads.

"Ada, I don't think that's quite the welcome you were hoping for, now was it?" Elladan asked.

Elrond glared at him, turned, and swam over to the dock and pulled himself out of the water. The Elves gathered around the ship were trying not laugh. He looked over at the hobbits and sighed. The two of them were staring at Elrond. He looked over at his sons and noticed that they too were trying not to laugh. He didn't see Celebrían anywhere. That was a good thing right now. But he did not want to go to his new home. Living with Celebrían was going to make living in Middle Earth a pleasant alternative for the next thousand years or so.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.