Uruk by chrissystriped

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Spoilers for Rings of Power, Episode 6

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Adar thinks about his conversation with Galadriel and what is coming.

Major Characters: Other Fictional Character(s), Orcs

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: In-Universe Racism/Ethnocentrism

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 381
Posted on 2 October 2022 Updated on 9 October 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Uruk

Read Uruk

He followed the elf with his eyes as she left, flames of hatred burning in his chest. The cut at his throat burned. He had not let her see the feelings inside his heart and counted it as a victory that he'd goaded her into showing hers so clearly.

(It had all been a success, she hadn’t even opened the wrappings of the 'sword'.)

The elves held themselves above the Uruks, but in their heart they were capable of as much cruelty as them. He leaned back against the beam he was shackled to and looked into the sunlight that fell through the boards of the wall. Soon it would be gone, if Waldreg succeeded.

(He was not happy that he'd had to give this important task to the human, but it had been the only way at the time.)

He loved the sun and yet he was willing to make this sacrifice for his sons and daughters.

He shot another hateful look in the direction the elf had left.

After the defeat of Morgoth, he could have returned to the life of an elf — many former thralls had scars like his — but even if he did not look the part, he felt closer to the Uruks now. He had fought and suffered alongside them and they deserved a better life than anyone would have been ready to give them. The elf had made it very clear once again, that they thought of the Uruks not as people but things that could be destroyed without remorse — to the last person. But they were his family, and he had led them south, to a new beginning. For the first time they fought for their own gains. This would be their home. Neither humans nor elves would stop them.

(He could respect the humans who were living here for fighting for their home, but they had no chance. And he felt not willing to show them mercy, when they'd never been given it either.)

The elves and the strangers were just fighting the Uruks out of hatred and he hated them back with all his heart. The elves were no longer his people. He smiled as he heard the rush and rumble of the water. They deserved what was coming for them.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

chrissystriped has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


I really appreciate these insights from Adar's pov and love your 'rehumanising' of the Uruks.

(I haven't seen this episode yet, but I think I'm rather going to appreciate this scene that much more when I get to it!)

Adar is my favorite character from the show and you explored his perspective so beautifully! I love how you show the conflict between his two identities, and what ultimately leads him to choose his alliegiance. You've managed to say so much in such a few words, I'd love to see more of your thoughts on Adar in future fics!