Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I'd wondered if you'd read this one! It was one of the better ones from that 2005 holiday fic batch, I think. And it was my first slash story; that was a big deal at the time!

My experience of posting these has been a mixture of nostalgia, horror, and relief ... because so far, they haven't been <u>awful</u>. Still not something I want on Most Recent where people think it's something I just did, but not as cringe-inducing as I'd feared. This one I do like, even now. I'm glad you're liking them. :)

I can't believe I hadn't found or commented on this one before. 

I love the way Maglor unfolds the story, moving back to when he first found out. 

Maedhros weeping at the table broke my heart; his words about how much he loves Findekano were radiant and devastating simultaneously. It is how I see their love also--incandescent in its brilliance and devotion. Lovely story and you expressed the joy and heartache just beautifully. 

This story is really, really old; I wrote it my first year writing fanfic, when I wrote holiday gifts for all of my fandom friends who made a request of me! This was one such request, and it was my first slash story too. A couple years ago, I started uploading all of my old work here, but I backdated it all to keep from inundating the Most Recent list (and admittedly, in a few cases, to keep people from seeing old work that was a little embarrassing ;).

Of my old work, it is one of my favorites. I'm glad you liked it too! :)