An Unexpected Couple by StarSpray

| | |

Fanwork Notes

written for i_did_not_mean_to for a tumblr kiss prompt: "...on a place of insecurity"

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The news that Mister Bungo Baggins and Miss Belladonna Took were to marry caused quite an uproar all the way from the East Farthing to the West.

Major Characters: Belladonna Took Baggins, Bungo Baggins

Major Relationships: Belladonna Took Baggins/Bungo Baggins

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet, Fluff, Het

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 279
Posted on 12 July 2023 Updated on 12 July 2023

This fanwork is complete.

an unexpected couple

Read an unexpected couple

The news that Mister Bungo Baggins and Miss Belladonna Took were to marry caused quite an uproar all the way from the East Farthing to the West. In Hobbiton it was positively scandalous—did you hear the sort of things Miss Took got up to? Going off on Adventures, and coming back with all sorts of strange things, not to mention the scrapes and bumps and scars. What had gotten into Bungo? He was such a sensible, respectable chap.

In the Tooklands the talk went rather the other way around. What did Miss Belladonna see in Bungo Baggins? He was so staid and boring, never did anything unexpected—except, of course, ask for Belladonna’s hand! Of course he was building her that lovely hole in Hobbiton, but what were they going to do with him when they came back to visit the Took family? You couldn’t talk of anything interesting around him, lest he blush red as a tomato from his ears to his toes.

This of course got back to Bungo and, poor fellow, he did blush when he heard it. But Belladonna, who had never blushed a day in her life, only laughed and kissed him on both his pink cheeks. “Don’t mind them, my dear!” she said. “I shall cure you of blushing long before we have to come back and spend a week being teased by my brothers. But I am afraid you will never cure me of muddy skirts and scraped knees.”

Bungo laughed back at her. “Why would I want to do that,” he said, “when you always bring home the most interesting stories—and the best mushrooms for supper?”


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.