Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


What an excellent response to the prompt! Like Finrod, I too didn't know whether to laugh or cry or what to feel. I love Elulindo's sense of humour, and relate to his way of dealing with trauma. 

Thank you!

This is the first time I've written Elulindo. My take on his character owes something to LadyBrooke's ficlet for Ekphrasis Week. But there was another inspiration as well, a Telerin OC, I think. (Not sure how to go about finding that fic again and in any case I don't think it would seem that close.)

I am glad Elulindo's way of coping made sense to you!

Oh, this is perfect. Thank you! And thank you for posting about it with the youtube. 

And yeah, not a thing to play in public. Yet.

Finrod is very off balance right now, struggling to assimilate what is going on.

I did choose him as the POV very deliberately, though.

Elulindo is his uncle. Finrod went off with the Noldor after Elulindo got killed and later lost the song battle against Sauron when Sauron reminded him of Alqualonde.

So if Elulindo implicitly tells him: "I refuse to be a bit player in other people's monumental tragedy. I refuse to be reduced to a tragic victim, full stop", there is a chance that it will actually help how uncle and nephew deal with each other, going forwards.

Of course, in a drabble like this, that can only be hinted at.