New Branches and Leaves by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This was written during a SWG Insta-drabbling session for the following prompt: “Just like a tree that loses branches and dead leaves in the Autumn, I will rebuild anew. I will rebuild new branches and leaves. I will rebuild and maintain only what bears me fruits.”
― Mitta Xinindlu
(Restoration and Rebuilding challenge)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

 Galadriel prepares a gift for Sam.

Major Characters: Galadriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 100
Posted on 7 October 2023 Updated on 7 October 2023

This fanwork is complete.

New Branches and Leaves

Read New Branches and Leaves

‘I have made my choice and will depart. But I will not maintain only that which bears me fruit,’ said Galadriel.

She knelt down in her orchard, so soon to be abandoned, at the foot of the oldest tree, and with a small shovel she scooped a little earth into the box of grey wood she had prepared, earth soft and fine as dust, and into the middle she gently pressed a tiny mallorn nut.

‘It will be a gift, in hope. For the small gardener, when he returns to rebuild. For, after all, we each have our own Lorien.’


Chapter End Notes

The drabble acquired its title during finweanladiesweek on Tumblr.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.