Doriath Aflame by StarSpray

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Feanorian Week 2024

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Celegorm stalks through the halls of Menegroth.

Major Characters: Celegorm

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Fixed-Length Ficlet, General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 152
Posted on 27 March 2024 Updated on 31 March 2024

This fanwork is complete.

Doriath

Read Doriath

Celegorm stalks through the halls, squinting through the thickening smoke. He would not have thought there would be much to burn in stone caves, but the people of Menegroth appear to love their tapestries. Flames lick at the brilliantly colored fabric, eating away at scenes of revelry and beauty.

(He comes upon one depicting three figures standing upon a hill before the Trees, on silver, one dark, one golden, and turns quickly away. He does not want to see Finwë’s face, not here.)

Finally, he comes to the throne room, enormous and echoing. Fountains line the floors, their sculptures smashed and broken, dust and stone shards littering the tiled floor. The blood flows read.

Before the throne stands Dior Eluchíl, young and bold, a blaze of righteous fury, bright enough to blind, though he does not wear the Silmaril. (Where is it?) Celegorm bares his teeth and raises his sword.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.