Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh! this is such a delight from start to end! I got happily twimbled with your words so much that I had to return to the beginning a second time for the pictures.

This is so very hobbitish, and now you mention it, I'm sure Jabberwocky would be a Shire favourite — one of the few I enjoyed and memorised as a child (along with Laura Elizabeth Richards' Eletelephony, and later, Xanadu, so that probably explains why I enjoyed your nonsense verse so much).

I just love your humour, and can vividly see the three unlikely companions, in a tired and grumpy moment (which all of them are quite spectacularly capable of at times!) arguing about the best way to cross, and finally being deposited in a soggled heap on the far shore, no doubt longing for the warmth and cheer of one of Thranduil's disappearing picnics (I have a suspicion though that the whale was added in the retelling to tease Bilbo.)

This is a great prompt and a lovely response to it! Thank you!

I very much enjoyed the Lewis Carroll words in this poem -- grumpsome, churltrum, boatsome, lithesome -- the sense of them slid into my mind before I could even pause to wonder what they were. They gave this poem a lot of movement, just like the river; well chosen for their choppy playfulness.

Very nicely done, an excellent river song.