Dealing with Dreams by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Warning for referenced or implied canonical character death and suicide.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elrond and Elros are haunted by what happened and also by what did not. They live with it.

Major Characters: Elrond, Elros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 142
Posted on 27 April 2024 Updated on 27 April 2024

This fanwork is complete.

Dealing with Dreams

Read Dealing with Dreams

They both dream those dreams occasionally. They both dream either dream; sometimes it is one, sometimes the other.

When Elros has woken up from that dream in which his mother goes on falling and drowning, in which the feathers never sprout, the wings never carry her back up aloft, deep water surrounds her, icy and choking—when daylight comes, he takes a walk along the coast, where the winds from the sea beat at him and the air is filled with the calls of all the seabirds of Numenor.

When Elrond has woken up from that dream in which Maedhros turns into a living bird of fire and flies up and away on wings of flame with a long strange cry, he goes and sees the kitchen staff early before dawn. They know to offer him a mug of hot sweet tea.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.