More by Himring

Fanwork Information

Summary:

I:  Fingon is unable to articulate his wishes unambiguously, so Maedhros finds seduction a terrifying and lonely business.

II: This time, Fingon states his feelings very clearly, in the face of Maedhros’s doubts.

Originally designed as a companion piece to Counting the Hours largely from Maedhros’ point of view, as the other story is largely from Fingon’s. (The original  middle section has since been moved elsewhere in the series.)

Re warnings: "Graphic" really only applies to the beginning of Section I, I think.

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Graphic)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 1, 300
Posted on 27 March 2010 Updated on 27 March 2010

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I cannot believe I never reviewed this story. It is still one of my very, very favorites ones of there. The emotion is so intense, the two points of view, and the tragedy that Maehdros expresses in the first few lines, turned into a happy ending my Fingon at the end. (OK temporary happy ending at least--The Silmarillion only permits temporary or qualified happy endings at best.)

Oh, how difficult is that way of love, it just puts a stone in my chest. You're cruel, dear Himring, to make them wait so long, and Maedhros - think too much. Curiously, in one of my texts he nagged himself right for this streak and concerning Findekano, too)

And really, how can he doubt Findekano's affection?)