Wish Fulfilment by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

(Names: Russandol=Maedhros; Findekano=Fingon)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Once again, Maedhros steals a boat, but this time he's got Fingon with him.

Holiday-ish.

Fingon/Maedhros, but nevertheless Teens (anything else must be supplied by your own imagination...)

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 684
Posted on 12 August 2010 Updated on 12 August 2010

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Hello! This will be a general review of your stories, I hope you don't mind :P

First of all, let me tell you that even though I found your stories a while ago while looking for Fingon/Maedhros fics I only read them all recently. It was the title of the series, with Doom and Gloom, that made me suspect this was an emo!Maedhros series. When I finally gave it a chance I couldn't stop reading, and regretted not doing it sooner. I created an account partly so I could review it.

One of the things I loved the most was the angst. I'm trying to find the right words to describe it (English not being my first language)... It's not overwhelming; it’s more like a feeling: something that’s always there, even in the more light-hearted stories like this one, because we all know how it’s going to end. The stories are so bittersweet (often more bitter than sweet, in my opinion), they really make my heart ache. And yet I keep coming for more, haha.

I love the Fëanorians, and I love how you wrote them. You managed to write about them (and Maedhros in particular. Oh, how I love your Maedhros!) in a sympathetic way without disregarding what they did. They don’t wallow in their misery, there’s no whining (which contributes to my reasons for loving the angst here, and was what I feared I’d find based on the title). I don’t remember in which story Maedhros thinks about how much he loves his family (uncles and cousins included) and that’s something I look for in fics involving the Finwëans. Heh, they truly are the definition of ‘dysfunctional family’.

My favourite has to be A Long Time Falling, for the depiction of the relationship of Maedhros and Maglor and the way you showed us the slow decent into madness and despair… both were strong characters, but I think that the death of Fingon was the starting point for Maedhros’ final fall (followed by the death of his brothers and finally the rejection of the Silmaril) and that it all became too much for Maglor once Maedhros started to slip.

On a side note, I’m happy Fingon and Maedhros are reunited again… In my mind, Maedhros manages to find peace with his past and live happily ever after with his cousin (and Maglor, because he’ll come back. And Elrond will also pop up once in a while beause I like his relationship with the brotehrs). I do love happy endings…

So, to sum up, I love your writing and look forward to your next story :D

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I'm really grateful to you for engaging with the whole arc and taking the time to comment on it. You have clearly read my stories so attentively and sympathetically and picked up on all the points that were most important to me in writing these stories! I very much appreciate being told that I managed to get them across so successfully.