Poor Visibility by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

On his first visit to Barad Eithel after the Dagor Bragollach, Maedhros believes he has lost Fingon's friendship. He encounters Morwen and talks to her about Beren.

Covers a couple of episodes told at the beginning of Looking at the Stars from Fingon's point of view as seen from Maedhros's point of view.  As part of the series, this is Maedhros/Fingon, but obviously at this point...

Mature Themes: grief and alcohol.

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros, Morwen

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 190
Posted on 9 January 2011 Updated on 9 January 2011

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you very much! Yes, Fingon never did quite realize how deeply distressed his cousin was and how desperate he was getting - his depression had blunted his perceptions. As for Morwen, we are told that she never heard any news again from Barahir and his companions after her escape to Brethil, but clearly she knows of Beren's exploits later on in the story. Only, as far as I know, Beren made no attempt to contact her or any of his surviving relatives after he himself escaped from Dorthonion...