Lost Tales of Gondolin by darthfingon

| | |

Defiance

Losgar Passport Stamp


"Are you coming or not?"

Tuor opened his mouth to speak, but found only that he could not manage any adequate words.  "I..." he began, and then faltered.

Idril crossed her arms and glared.  A moment ago, she had looked sweet as a lamb, strolling across the courtyard and twirling her fingers through her shining hair of gold.  Now, speaking to him, she looked more like a small tiger.  "Am I not your Princess?" she asked.

"Yes, my Lady, but-"

"And did I not tell you the other day that you are my new exclusive favourite?"

"Yes, my Lady, but-"

"And did I not then show you that secluded little place down by the gates where I let you-"

"My Lady!" Tuor cried.  He could feel the heat rising to his face, and knew he was swiftly turning as pink as a rose.  "You mustn't speak of that!  When your father found out, it was luck alone that saved me from being thrown out of the city.  And he is my sworn Lord.  I cannot - cannot - give him further cause to turn against me."

Looking no less like a tiger, Idril pouted.  It was uncanny how she managed both facial expressions at the same time.  "You didn't enjoy it?" she asked.

He tried to quench with common sense the spark of desire that ignited in his chest at the memory of that afternoon by the gates.  "But... your father..."

"Hmm," said Idril, holding out her hand.  "I suppose we'll just have to not tell him this time."


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment