One Hundred Words About Maedhros by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Maedhros/Fingon.

Teens (any adult content to be supplied by the reader's imagination).

For additional comments on each drabble, see chapter notes.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Drabbles in my 'Doom' series. Not necessarily gloomy!

100 words according to Word.

Last added: Deadlier.

Major Characters: Elrond, Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet, General, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 9 Word Count: 1, 016
Posted on 28 May 2011 Updated on 12 November 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Time, alcohol, love, certainty.

 

[Name: Findekano=Fingon (Quenya)]

Maedhros after midnight. Memory.

As the title indicates, this forms a pair with the preceding drabble.

Fingon's POV.

A little more adult, but not "adult".

Mixing observations on cultural differences and romance.

 

Fingon wakes up.

Rating: Teens

Fingon has rescued his cousin Maedhros from Thangorodrim--their thoughts on the subject of obligation and gratitude.

Two short monologues (a bit like a duet, although obviously there is no music), rather than a dialogue.

In Valinor, after Maedhros and Fingon's re-embodiment.
A light and fluffy variation on the famous rescue, with a little bit of help from the Bard.

Double drabble.

Teens, just because. No particular warnings.

Maedhros looks in a mirror the first time after his rescue from Thangorodrim.
Much later, after his death and re-embodiment, he meets Elrond again in Valinor and Elrond has a professional conversation with him.

[Warnings for aftermath of torture]

"...he lived to wield his sword with left hand more deadly than his right had been"
(Of the Return of the Noldor)

Teens.

Warning for Aftermath of Torture.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I guess I'm like you there! I cannot read too many of these, so I couldn't resist writing another one myself... There's a passage in your Mereth Aderthad on the subject, too, isn't there? Fingon tries to say soothing things to Maedhros, and Maedhros thinks that Fingon's presence alone is enough to calm him--is that how it goes? I really liked that one.

In that fashion, unpleasant memories and deeply held fears can unexpectedly surface.  It is the wise partner, the one who truly is the other half of one's soul, who will realize those times and, instead of holding them as negative reasons, in a way embraces them as reasons for increased closeness and compasion.  These two just glow under your pen.  

- Erulisse (one L)

Hello Himring

I have read the other 3 drabbles that are part of this story and I have to say - they are brilliant. Maedhros and Maglor are my most favourite charcaters in the Silmarillion and your strories portray them exactly as I imagine them. I am horrible at limiting myself as far as word count goes but you manage to convey breath taking emotions and thoughts in maybe 4 sentences. Your work is amazing and I truly look forward to reading more. Especially in this series:)

Thank you very much, that is very kind of you!

I'm glad you like the way I portray the characters and that you think they come across well in these drabbles.

I used to think I couldn't limit my word count until I found that I could, if the subject was right--so you may soon find yourself writing drabbles also!