The Noldolante by Elvewen

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written to am prompt I saw on SWG to set a story to Charles Dickens,"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." I saw this rather belatedly but I loved it so much and I have been trying to capture Maglor's emotions when he wrote this epic lay for quite a while. I find it hard to believe that he could have done so without drawing inspiration from his own life not only the historical moments of it but the more personal ones as well and of his family.

Also, this is my first story so please do not judge me too harshly.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor's thoughts as he played the Noldolante for the first time.

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Songs of Arda

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 773
Posted on 4 February 2012 Updated on 4 February 2012

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

There are actually several others characters in this story apart from Maglor as the quotes from the Silmarillion will prove. But I did not think it necessary to mention them.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I really like what you've done here--both how you've used the prompt and what you are saying about the Noldolante.

(There are a couple of typos here that slipped through the net. Would you like me to send you a private message about them so you can correct them?)