Maedhros and the Gardener by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Maedhros/Fingon

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Fingon's gardener and his reactions to the invasion of his garden by a son of Feanor. Set in Tirion, a short time after Maedhros's re-embodiment.

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 758
Posted on 29 August 2012 Updated on 29 August 2012

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I know I reviewed this when you first put it out there, but I just had to speak again because, as you well know, I adore the gentle love that you express between your Fingon and Maedhros.  So beautiful.  And the small contribution by this gardener, this man who works with beauty, brings beauty into a life that has been so marred by pain.  It makes my soul sing.  

- Erulisse (one L)

Thank you very much for commenting here as well! I'm happy to hear that this piece holds up so well for you on a second reading, for I am very fond of it.

The gardener brings beauty into the life of Maedhros. Maedhros also brings beauty into his. They both recognize beauty when they see it.

Yes, quite true! It didn't happen all at once and some in the household took longer than others, but by the time Fingolfin walked into that kitchen, the kitchen maid was firmly on Maedhros's side and she ran to get help for Maedhros's sake as much as for Fingon's.

Thank you very much for commenting!