The Noon-tide Night by Agelast

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Beta-read by Isis. Thank you!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Fingon and Maedhros, in space and what they did there.

Major Characters: Elrond, Elros, Fingon, Gil-galad, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Romance, Science Fiction, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Moderate), Violence (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 14, 757
Posted on 15 September 2012 Updated on 15 September 2012

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

  A note on names: 

Fingon - Findekáno
Maedhros - Maitimo / Nelyafinwë (Neylo)
Maglor - Makalaurë
Finrod - Ingoldo (Finrod’s mother-name)
Curufin - Curufinwë
Celebrimbor - Telperinquar (Tyelpë)


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


It's astonishing how well you've made the story work as AU space opera!  It's allowed you to get it all in--the high drama, the irony, and some really clever detail.

Here's a random selection of things and ideas I like, not by any means complete and in no particular order: Anaire's failure to supervise Fingon's reading, Maglor's hiding from fans,  how beautiful Thorondor seems and what you say his actual main purpose is, that bit about the room's being closed for cleaning, the description of the testing of the hand, that bit about  Dor-lomin being a tug boat, the use you make of the possibilities of the video link (twice--and it doesn't feel like repetition at all), the description of Hurin's attitude to Morwen... sort of running out of breath here...ok, the rest is good as well...

And, yes, the last scene is as heart-breaking as you clearly meant it to be.

And, in case, you are still wondering, yes, you should definitely write long stories as well. This proves it.

I was surprised how well they all worked IN SPACE as well!

She was just so relieved that he was reading something, and not running off, flinging himself off of something dangerous. Poor Anaire. Poor Fingon.

Maglor-o-mania was a traumatic experience for him. There is only so many flung undergarments a person can take, after all.

Unfortunately, Manwe's information tends to be a bit eagle-centric, but what can you do when you're using eagles (even andriod eagles)?

Well, anything would be a tugboat in comparison to something as beautiful (in a grim way), and big as the Himring. But Fingon was proud of it!

I am so relieved that that two video link scenes weren't terribly repeatative -- it wasn't until after I had written them I realized that it could have been. Still, different purposes, different audiences.

Hurin/Morwen is a relationship is something I am definitely intrigued by -- I want to write more about it... But that would mean finishing the Narn.

Good, good.

Thank you! The next story I have is 2,000 words, so I might be flipflopping in between longer and shorter things now.