Magloriana by Himring, Elleth, Agelast

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This trio of drabbles developed out of a comment situation over on LiveJournal.

There is a certain amount of Maglor angst, so it's been rated Teens for now.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor on the beach: a set of three drabbles about Maglor by three different authors.

 

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 297
Posted on 27 January 2013 Updated on 27 January 2013

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

The first drabble is by Elleth.

Maglor in history (modern times).

The second drabble is by Agelast (Moetushie).

Maglor after the War of Wrath.

The third drabble is by Himring.

Maglor in history (modern times) II.

(100 words according to MS Word)


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I wish more discussions on LJ led to such an output.  Maglor's life is fraught with such tragedy.  I like to see these explorations of what it could be carried into modern times. Elleth set up the whole scene nicely with Maglor scavenging under the pier.  I really liked Agelast's image of him finally casting off the silmaril: He is left swaying in the surf, the saltwater burning at the raw skin of his hands. No more mad brothers, no more mad oaths, no more stolen children.  And Himring shows us a tragic figure who is not beyond redemption through taking on yet another orphan child. 

Nice job, ya'll.

Oh, I love this.  "She was scantily dressed in frayed bath towel, her neck and wrists strung with sea shells and discarded plastic" - gosh, yes, I can see that perfectly.

 

"No more abandoned children"...of course he couldn't keep to that.

 

I love how Elvish they both still feel, even in thie time frame, and also how different they are from each other.

Oh, thank you, it's very good to hear that! That you can see her like that and that they both still feel Elvish.

Yes, and my idea is that Maglor respects the difference, although they stay together for a while.

He can't bring her up in fully Avarin traditions, not being one himself, but he doesn't try to turn her into a Noldo.