"The Glory in 'Glorious'" and "Singer of Praises" by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 

Both stories were written for B2MeM prompts. 

 

The first story was written for B2MeM 2013:

(Themes): "Courage", Day One:

 "He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.”

The connection between the prompt and the ficlet may not be altogether obvious...

I suppose I will have to assure you that in my mind at least several links exist.


Courage: B2MeM 2013 banner



The second story was written for B2MeM 2015:

Prompt by Maglor Makalaure: Maglor has stopped playing music, and Fingon, here for a trip, is worried and tries to reach out to him. I'd love anything hopeful and optimistic, but dramatic and angsty goes, too. :D I love to see these two interacting in meaningful ways.
[with some small tweaks to the prompt]

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

After the early victory against Morgoth called the "Glorious Battle" (Dagor Aglareb):

I. The Fingolfinians and the Feanorians first encounter each other after their shared victory.

II.  Later, at the victory celebrations, Fingon misses his cousin Maglor and seeks him out.

Major Characters: Fingolfin, Fingon, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: B2MeM 2013, B2MeM 2015

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 892
Posted on 9 March 2013 Updated on 17 May 2015

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

The Fingolfinians and the Feanorians first encounter each other after their shared victory.

At the victory celebrations after the Dagor Aglareb, Fingon misses his cousin Maglor and seeks him out.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you very much!

The tone of the Silm certainly makes it easier to write about the disasters--and even this little piece doesn't really manage not to be about them, I guess. But at least the successes should not be overlooked altogether, as they are sometimes in danger of being!