A Scrap of Parchment by Uvatha the Horseman

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Sauron returns to Mordor and openly declares himself, and Umbar declares its allegiance to him. Told by Urzahil of Umbar, who later becomes the Mouth of Sauron.

Major Characters: Melkor, Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 177
Posted on 24 September 2013 Updated on 24 September 2013

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Sauron declared himself in TA 2951, but didn't light the volcano until two years later. How did he declare himself? If he'd written letters, would the recipients have believed him?


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is fantastic, Uvatha, all the way round! Excellent OCs, a canon character who receives sparse attention on the SWG (Castamir), and well-crafted prose that allows the scenes to unfold.  Great attention to detail.  In sort, very fine "world-building" there!

I thoroughly enjoyed the process of the scholars' detective work, and their ultimate conclusion.

This gets tagged as a favorite. :^)

Thank you so much! This is a chapter from a book-length saga (close to done, but not uploaded yet) that runs from his illegitimate birth through the days after the battle at the Black Gate, when he'd trying to get back to Barad-dur on foot. "If I can just make it home, I'll be okay."

Uvatha (Liz)

Came here on the recommendation of Pandemonium, and I enjoyed this story very much! I've had Black Númenóreans on the brain lately and want to read more about them. And I'm a sucker for stories involving archaeology (or palaeography) -- artifacts of any kind. The mental image of Mairon/Sauron sitting down to actually write a letter is delicious.

Can't wait to read the rest of your epic work!