The Archer's Triangle by Tehta

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Wherever Túrin goes, emotional turmoil is sure to follow. The marches of Doriath are no exception.

Major Characters: Beleg, Mablung, Saeros, Túrin

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Humor, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 9, 331
Posted on 25 September 2013 Updated on 5 December 2013

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


It's easy in retrospect to see that no good comes from following Turin around, but I tend to identify with Beleg in the moment. I agree that his decisions would have been better perhaps colored more by wisdom than love. Turin is bad news for Beleg, but I can relate to the terriblle life choices on Beleg's part.

I have a Beleg released from the Halls of Mandos deconstruct his relationship with Turin in a chapter of my novella Will Overruled by Fate:

"Túrin was a beautiful child, on the cusp of manhood when I first met him. Deeply troubled and carrying an ill-fate. But I stupidly wanted to change or mitigate that. He became an obsession for me when the promise of his youth turned him into an intelligent, highly accomplished young man, fair as any Elf. The rest of the miserable story you have read in your books. My personal side of it is that I gave him my heart and he gave me his body, sometimes joyfully, but more often than not grudgingly, only to quell the worst of my shameless pouting or his own need."