A Curse of Death by LadyBrooke

Fanwork Information

Summary:

This was supposed to be a birth, and Denethor’s wife is dying.

And from this, he wonders if he cursed his family for the remaining ages of the world.

Major Characters: Denethor (Nandor), Míriel Serindë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: 10th Birthday Celebration

Rating: General

Warnings: Character Death

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 409
Posted on 15 August 2015 Updated on 15 August 2015

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Prompts:

Theme: Birth

Story element: Pesky relatives (where pesky quickly becomes tragic)

Popular characters: Míriel Serindë

Rare characters: Denethor of the Laiquendi


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


It's been one of my headcanon connections ever since I started toying with Celeborn's backstory - if I ever finish it, there's an entire story of how he (and the left behind Indis, who is not amused by Ingwë's attempts to come back and control her) found Míriel. :D I'm glad I'm not the only one who prefers her born pre-march.

Celeborn as Sinda, actually! He decided to stay behind and help lead the Sinda when Elu disappeared and refused to quit looking for him. So when Míriel leaves (with the Noldor, I think), he stays behind. Then he hears nothing more of her until Galadriel or one of her brothers starts nattering on about Fëanor and exactly how strange his family is, with that dead and refusing to return mother.

 

I might torment him too much.