Hospitality by Russandol

| | |

Fanwork Notes

To elfscribe, fabulous beta and dear friend, on her birthday.

This story is my small tribute to your fantastic novel Elegy for Númenor, one of a handful of Silmarillion fanfiction stories that inspired me to write my own. I pined for updates, because your tale gripped my imagination from the first paragraph.

Tigôn and Sûla are elfscribe's wonderful OCs, used with her permission. If you wish to know more about their past, read her novel Elegy for Númenor - Volume 1: Journey to Umbar, and now also her WIP Elegy for Númenor – Volume 2: The Darkening.

Thank you kymahalei, lilith and pandemonium_213 for your generous beta reading.

Hospitality banner

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A man with a perilous mission arrives at the shores of Númenor, where he meets two strangers.

A (most likely AU) crossover between my own Chasing Mirages and elfscribe's novel Elegy for Númenor.

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Erestor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 160
Posted on 18 February 2012 Updated on 20 January 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Believe me, it was a complete pleasure to write these boys of yours. They seemed to have a life of their own. I know they may never get to see a life together like the one I've imagined, but I thought it would be nice to glimpse what it might be like.

That way you can still be the ruthless author who puts them and us readers through the wringer.

Thank you for letting me play with them!

And you know, the "upstairs" part may still be written... ;o)

Thank you! You know, I considered writing the adventures of Eönwë in Númenor, but I thought they would be a diversion from the main plot of Mirages. I don't discard the idea in the future. But I had the idea for this crossover for ages, probably since I wrote the Númenor scenes of my story (a few chapters in the future, relative to what's posted already).

Bribe, blackmail, begging, I'll resort to anything to get her to finish Elegy!

LOL. Elfscribe has also expressed her dissatisfaction about missing the action. So if you all gang up together and exert the right type of pressure, I might be persuaded to carry on.

I'm glad you enjoyed, despite the fade to black. It was great that Elfscribe allowed me to do a cross-over with her magnificent Elegy. I had fun writing Eönwë along her wonderful original characters in a possible future for them as they stood at the end of Book I.

Thanks for popping round to review! :o)

 

I just reread this after so long. I still love it so so much. Love your descriptions and how you depict T & S having survived to be able to live in secret together. That they meet with danger all around, but there's time for comfort, good food, and sensuality as well.  I love so much that your Erestor/Eonwe could join them. Some day you'll write me the scene in the loft. For now, dear friend, thanks so much for this gift and for your friendship and encouragement over the years.

Without your "Elegy for Númenor" story I wouldn't have met you; and without your help and your friendship I would have never finished my own tale, let alone written a crossover fic to combine both. I have so much to thank you for! 

It was such a pleasure to be able to step into your version of Arda, and meet your amazing (and extremely handsome!) original characters even more closely, after learning to love them so well! 

I thought lots about what would happened in that loft. I n my mind it was a beautiful scene, and fun was had by all. I'm sorry I chickened out... LOL.

Thank you for everything!