Auld Acquaintance by Narya

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Something for the season. A retired maths teacher has a surprise visitor on New Year's Eve. Over the course of the evening, secrets are told and an old friendship is renewed. 

Major Characters: Gandalf, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Crossover, Drama, Mystery

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 6, 382
Posted on 3 January 2018 Updated on 3 January 2018

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

 

This sort of sits within my Second Chance storyverse (set post-LOTR and posted over at Faerie), and acts as a continuation of/companion piece to Pilgrim Through This Barren Land, but I don't think you need to have read either of those to understand what's going on.

I actually wanted to post this on New Year's Eve itself, but it wasn't quite finished. Apologies, and belated Happy New Year.

Thank you to Spiced Wine, for reshaping the way I think about the Valar; if you haven't already, go and read her work. It will change the way you view canon forever.

Thank you also to Ziggy, for the endless encouragement.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


What a lovely story! I've always loved Maglor through the ages stories where despair and hopelessness aren't his travel mates. You give an original twist to Gandalf's return. 

Better late than never, I hope 2018 will be joyful!

BTW, have you read Lipstick's Captain Tinkerbell ? It perfectly matches with your WWI scene.