Comfort and Joy by Narya

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Marchwriter for Sultry in September 2018.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

It's the festive season in Gondolin, and Voronwë finds himself intrigued by the Captain of the Guard of the Secret Way.

Major Characters: Elemmakil, Voronwë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Erotica, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 358
Posted on 5 October 2018 Updated on 5 October 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is absolutely wonderful! You’be captures the specificity of the feeling of a festive night, dark but filled with candlelight and frenzied motion mixed with calm, and brought it to life perfectly. I could feel every moment of the gorgeous description. It was really perfectly written, every choice of word brought it to life! And you also evoked so wonderfully the aching-longing-desire feeling, so that it comes in throughout somehow both subtle and strong. There’s such a perfect specificify to this fic, and to the richness of Elemmakil and Voronwë’s connection, however brief. The soft melancholy comfort and ache and bright joy... it brings back feelings of watching someone from afar, but then when they actually get up close!! The repeated description of Voronwë’s voice! Words fail me to describe particularly how or why I love this, although I’m trying perhaps repetitively, in the above. I can’t really describe the specific amazing feelings of reading this.  just want you to know that I adored this fic! Absolutely beautiful and expressive! I will definitely be rereading soon!

Thank you so much, Nienna!  I'm delighted you enjoyed this; it's one of my personal favourites, but Elemmakil is still a bit of a fandom rarity, so I don't think it appeals to a lot of people.  I love his dynamic with Voronwë and I do mean to explore their connection more, in the future - there's a lot of emotional weight behind that scene where Elemmakil challenges Voronwë and Tuor on their way into Gondolin, and I need to tell that story!  Thank you again for reading and taking the time to tell me you enjoyed it <3