The City Over the Mountains by Narya

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A midwinter dalliance grows into something neither Elemmakil nor Voronwë expect.  Duty, family and the ghosts of their past lie between them, and beyond the Hidden City, the shadows lengthen and grow deep...

Major Characters: Ecthelion of the Fountain, Elemmakil, Idril, Voronwë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Slash/Femslash

Challenges: Postcards from Middle-earth, Pride

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Graphic)

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 758
Posted on 13 July 2019 Updated on 6 December 2020

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Begun for the SWG Pride challenge. This is a work in progress. My Pride prompt sparked a scene that I knew straight away belonged in the middle of a much longer fic. This is not that scene.

This story begins immediately before another fic of mine, Comfort and Joy, and and will continue on after the events of that fic. You may therefore wish to read that one first, before beginning this.

This chapter was written in response to the Silmarillion Holiday Challenge 2020; participants received a postcard with a quote or message to inspire their fic.

I am sorry for anyone who has waited for me to update this; it has been an age since I posted a very brief beginning, and then seemingly abandoned it. As you can see, it isn't abandoned :) it's one of two longer pieces I intend to work on more in 2021, and the chapters will get longer, but for now, here is a brief wintry update.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.