The High Queen's Foretelling by Kaylee Arafinwiel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Elindis is an OC originally of Fiondil's, adopted into my-verse with long-ago permission. Daireth is mine and Emma's; wife to the maternal uncle of Elu, Olwe, and Elmo, she is a Seer of some note and a foremother of Thranduil.

Artanis, of course, is Galadriel's father-name.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

One day, in the orangery on Ilmarin, Queen Elindis, wife to Ingwe, and her adolescent great-niece Artanis have a quiet talk, and Elindis reveals some surprising information.

Challenge quote:

"In my time, I have been called many things: sister, lover, priestess, wise-woman, queen." ~ Marion Zimmer Bradley, The Mists of Avalon

Major Characters: Galadriel, Ingwë, Original Character(s), Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family, General

Challenges: Start to Finish

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 433
Posted on 17 October 2019 Updated on 17 October 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


That is a weight of a lot of AU history for such a short ficlet to carry, but I think it reads very well without knowing all of it. 

I love the eerie feeling transmitted by this line: "I do," Elindis agreed. "One day, child, do tell her so from me." 

I'm going assume it is foresight! That makes a good story.