Save The World by Elwin Fortuna

| | |

Fanwork Notes

From the Silmarillion Prompt Generator:
Theme: words and names
Story Element: lost in the mist
Quotes: "Someone once said that beauty could save the world. What a great responsibility you have." -prima ballerina Natalia Makarova
Event/Time Period: First Age
Source Text: The Problem of Ros (HoME XII)
Location: Dor Firn-i-Guinar (The Land of the Dead that Live)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Nimloth is on her way to visit Luthien. She's caught in a summer mist and hears a beautiful voice singing. Who will she meet?

Major Characters: Dior, Nimloth

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Het, Romance, Suspense

Challenges: 10th Birthday Celebration

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 893
Posted on 8 August 2015 Updated on 8 August 2015

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I love everything about this! I find Dior so fascinating, being the literal child of two worlds (and the child of larger-than-life heroes who died so young & tragically) and I love how you address that here through Nimloth. Everything is so evocative, from the slight mysteriousness of the setting, to Dior singing and appearing to her through a mist.

And the dialogue almost feels like something out of a Tolkien-penned text, without reading like a poor attempt at copying, which makes me believe even more that this meeting happened exactly as you've written it.

"I am caught in a fate larger than myself, that I know, and the decisions that will be most important to my life are not my own. I have never seen Menegroth with my eyes, and yet I have walked its halls many times in dreams. I have never beheld the Silmaril and yet I know its light." He looked up into the white mist, where the bright sun was shining down, burning through the diffuse air, a crescent of brightness. Nimloth, a strange kind of yearning rising within her, reached out and reclaimed his hand, and he looked down again, startled.

Just beautiful!