Fill My Heart With Fire by The Wavesinger

| | |

Fanwork Notes

The title is from Sappho.

Many, many thanks to the wonderful erlkoenig for the speedy and wonderful beta! My thanks also goes to Elleth, who put up with questions about Sindarin and Quenya on multiple occasions, and was very helpful and patient.All remaining mistakes are, of course, mine.

Warnings for off-screen character death, references to non-graphic violence, and mentions of torture. Also, with regard to certain events (the Kinslaying and Grey-elves in particular), Aredhel is very much an unreliable narrator.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Turgon dies on the Ice instead of Elenwë. This is the story of what happens after that.

Written for Solanaceae for Ardor in August 2017.

Major Characters: Aredhel, Elenwë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 12, 884
Posted on 11 September 2017 Updated on 11 September 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, this is a very imaginative switch on the original storyline. Great interpretation of Aredhel. Also, writing Elenwë is essentially like writing original fiction and you do a great job with her--make her an interesting character in her own right, a strong, appealing personality, and not just a name in a list of names. So, this could be a novel. Or a series of stories.