God, I Pity the Violins by StarSpray

Fanwork Information

Summary:

On a walk down the beach in the early hours of the morning, Maglor stumbles upon a body. And then the body comes back to life. Things sort of spiral from there.

A crossover with The Old Guard (2020 film).

Major Characters: Other Fictional Character(s), Maglor, Men

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Crossover, General, Hurt/Comfort

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 17 Word Count: 58, 435
Posted on 29 December 2020 Updated on 6 February 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I haven't seen The Old Guard yet (beyond the gifs that make the rounds on Tumblr), so I probably missed a lot of references here, but I really enjoyed it. Mind you, I'll get nightmares from the idea of drowning and reviving and drowning ad infinitum, but I'm glad Quynh was released after all and can, perhaps, recover some sort of peace. Really liked Maglor - both for himself, and in his interactions with Uinen, Quynh, and the robin. I agree with him, even if you think someone's immortal, there must be better ways of establishing it than stabbing them! I do hope Quynh will come to trust him properly, and that they find a way of getting in touch with the other immortals, perhaps...

I'm terrified of the journey already. There's no jumping over board and swimming the rest of the way on a plane, and I can't help fearing that the other side won't just sit still until they're at the door.

Which is to say that I continue to be hooked! Loved Thranduil's secret Elven hide-out - and the other Immortal's reactions to it. I wish they could stay and recover for longer, but of course Daeron shouldn't be kept imprisoned forever. Besides, I'm as curious as Maglor is to find out what else is behind the abduction (attempts), and who the second party is...