Drabbles: The Silmarillion, part 2 by Zdenka

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Tolkien drabbles set in the First and Second Ages of Middle-earth. (Exactly 100 words as counted by MS Word.) Please see table of contents for individual summaries and warnings.

Major Characters: Aerin, Aredhel, Curufin, Elemmírë, Elenwë, Ents, Eöl, Húrin, Lalwen, Maeglin, Melkor, Míriel Serindë, Nellas, Nienor, Original Female Character(s), Oromë, Rían, Thuringwethil

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet, General, Het, Slash/Femslash

Challenges: B2MeM 2018, Tolkien Femslash Week Bingo

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Mild), Violence (Moderate)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 18 Word Count: 24, 515
Posted on 23 July 2016 Updated on 10 December 2018

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Aerin of Dor-lómin and the gift of a rose. (Aerin/OFC. Implied character death.)

Aerin catches Rían on her way out of Dor-lómin. (AU. Aerin/Rían)

Thuringwethil's intended tryst with one of Ungoliant's offspring in Nan Dungortheb goes awry. (Shelob/Thuringwethil.)

Warning for giant evil spider (and the whole concept, really).

Nellas seeks Nienor and finds her too late. (Nellas/Nienor. Canonical character death.)

Nienor loses; Níniel finds. (Nellas/Nienor)

After Nirnaeth Arnoediad. (Húrin, Morgoth, Orcs. Warning for character death, aftermath of battle violence, and desecration of corpses.)

Morgoth cannot steal Húrin's memories of the past. (Húrin; implied Húrin/Morwen)

Curufin is dying in the woods of Doriath. (Warning for canonical character death, blood.)

A moment of defiance. (Nellas/Nienor)

Elemmírë leaves her bed in the middle of the night to finish a poem. (Elemmírë/Lalwen)

Written for the drabblechalleng LJ community. The prompt was this photograph (a close-up of a person's hands holding a pen and writing in a journal).

Aredhel fails to find her way out of Nan Elmoth. (Warning for Eöl being creepy.)

Rían crosses the Anfauglith to find the Hill of the Slain where Huor lies.

Rían is received among the Elves of Mithrim. (Rían, Annael, infant Tuor. Warning for implied suicidal thoughts. Written for a prompt to write 100 words of second person.)

Aredhel comforts Elenwë after Turgon’s death on the Helcaraxë. (Aredhel/Elenwë. AU. Warning for character death.)

In his cell in Gondolin, Eöl counts heartbeats. (Eöl; implied Aredhel/Eöl. Implied character death. Written for a prompt to write 100 words of poisoning.)

Míriel is captivated by Indis’s hair. (Indis/Míriel Serindë. An AU in which neither of them marries Finwë.)

A young Ent is inspired by hearing the horn of Oromë.

Written for B2MeM 2018, for the prompt: Create a fanwork with rainy or stormy weather.

Maeglin chooses the colors of his House. (Maeglin, Aredhel. Implied/referenced character death.)

Written for 100words on Dreamwidth, for the prompt "gaudy."


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.