Ostracism and Exile. by hennethgalad

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The first meeting of Voronwë and Tuor.

Major Characters: Tuor, Voronwë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Horror

Challenges: Taboo

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 528
Posted on 9 February 2017 Updated on 9 February 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, I really enjoyed and not simply because it is one of my very favorite incidents! I love how you describe the meeting and Tuor and Voronwe.

Here is one of my favorite lines!

Now he was alone, in a deserted city; the city of his birth, he could not decide which way to gaze, whether out to sea where all his companions had perished, or ashore, to the overgrown and overwhelmed ruins of Vinyamar where his youth had passed so sweetly.

I also really love the way you desribe mortals--Tuor, this time:

These mortals, so fragile and fleeting, like snowflakes, yet full of vigour, passion and a remorseless wrath which seemed to shame the Eldar, skulking in their woods and caves, ignoring the world, as though the Enemy would ever be content while even one elf yet lived. Here was this Tuor, twenty three years of the sun, a child to elvish eyes, yet single-handedly he had devoted more years to slaying his tormentors than they had been able to spend tormenting him, until he escaped into his grim and lonely exile.