religious taboos by hennethgalad

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Tuor tells his son that he will sail with Idril to Valinor.

Major Characters: Eärendil, Tuor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure

Challenges: Taboo

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 324
Posted on 9 February 2017 Updated on 9 February 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is very interesting. I always wondered if they discussed this before they left with Eärendil. I have read stories where they just left without saying 'good-bye' but people don't often do things that way. It's interesting that Tuor lives on as far as we know from reading the texts [Tuor alone of Men being counted among the Eldar].

I loved the line, so sweet and heartbreaking,

Tuor put a hand on his son's arm. 'You may be correct. I know little of mortals, all the civilization I have known has been with the Eldar. Perhaps, far below the reaches of my mind, my spirit truly believes itself to be of the elven kindred, and in my delusion I shall perish and drown.

I also really like this description of Eärendil.

Tuor looked earnestly at his tall handsome son, in whom the blending of the races of elves and mortals had brought forth a strange luminosity, at once intense and ethereal.

I have read similar descriptions of half-elven characters in fanfiction, but I like the language of yours a lot. Lovely!

I like Tuor's voice above also.