A Parting Of The Ways by Grundy

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elros sets sail for the new land promised to Men in the morning. But he'd like to talk to his brother before he leaves.

Major Characters: Elrond, Elros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Ancestors

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 3, 670
Posted on 7 October 2017 Updated on 8 October 2017

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Awww! Very well done. I think I like the second chapter best. I loved the sorting through the heirlooms and all of the references to their foster parents.

So many moving sections!

“The Ring of Barahir?” he spluttered. “Shouldn’t that rightly go to Galadriel?”

Elrond shook his head.

“I offered it to her. She didn’t want it. Said it was a symbol of a promise kept, and an heirloom of the line of Luthien.

I like this idea a lot and it is beautifully expressed.

I do like the idea that Elrond intends to visit. One of my favorite fanfics of Darth Fingon is Elrond visiting Elros in Numenor. It seems light enough on the surface and has a lot of humor, but also is a heart-wringer. Something this one has in common with that.

Lovely story (both parts of it!).

Thank you! I am terribly sorry I am so behind on responding! (And reviewing. *hangs head in shame*)

I really enjoyed that scene with the divvying up of the heirlooms, and when it came to the Ring, I was sure there was no way Galadriel would want it.

I need to follow up with Elrond actually visiting Numenor at some (several?) points!