Of Tuor by Grundy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I had the Easy prompts. Also, apparently I write about Idril and Maeglin when it's a Matryoshka challenge.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Itarillë has something serious on her mind and needs someone to talk it over with. Lomion isn't entirely sure why she's asking for advice.

Major Characters: Idril, Maeglin

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: B-Movie

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 891
Posted on 12 November 2018 Updated on 12 November 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Ahh, the Internet deleted my comment. I love this! I love the way Idril now has a friend to bounce ideas off, and I love how Lómion's question just revolves around iterations of: "Will he make you happy?" Also, Lómion being aware of the less attractive side of Gondolindrim politics make so much sense to me, and I love his lowkey cynicism. =D 

I really loved this! I have a hard time explaining exactly what I loved about it. I felt very...full, like there was more beyond just what we were told. And the relationship between idril and Lómion was great, very realistic and fun to watch. I loved your depiction of Idril, with her messy pile of pages and inkstain, knowing what she wants but also fearing to claim it. I really loved everything about this, a very well realized picture of Gondolin and the characters therein. 

This is a much nicer relationship for the two of them than what we get in canon--I like it a lot! I love the banter, and their closeness and comfort with one another. And of course the last line reminds us what happens later in canon and it's just all the more painful and tragic...