Night Magic by Rhapsody

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Author’s foreword: This is written for my friend Aearwen who I drew for the 2006 LittleBalrog/Dream Elf Het Swap.

Aearwen is a great person who I just wish to give her anything: the moon, the stars, all the happiness in the world. Thank you for your friendship.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Aearwen, elf of Nan Elmoth, looks back on her past and key moments with those she loved and are lost to her.

Major Characters: Aredhel, Eöl, Maeglin, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Het, Romance

Challenges: Gift of a Story

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Graphic)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 277
Posted on 22 May 2007 Updated on 22 May 2007

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Hi, Rhapsody,
A lovely (hott >:^) story! I find the point-of-view quite intriguing because I don't know that I've ever seen a story from the perspective of one of Eol's servants before. I've seen few stories that show Eol positively at all, and you do this quite well, while keeping him in-character.

Same with Maeglin ... his story is at once beautiful and yet darkened at the edges: his persistence in calling Aearwen "Itarille," for example. Yet again, this is in-character and a welcome change from adult stories that often try to make the more complex characters (rather than "bad guys" :) too nicey-nice.

The end line is fantastic: heart-breaking and ominous to those of us that know the truth of his whereabouts.

Thanks Dawn! The moment I read that Eöl had servants or craftsmen working for and with him in Nan Elmoth I knew how to write Aearwen's request. It is a sad thing that maybe Maeglin thought she was idril all along, although I do think that at the moment they bonded, Maeglin knew, why else would he leave. It was great writing these characters and I am glad I kept them 'in character'.

Hawwt!  I think Eol and his family are among the most complex characters in the Sil and it's always interesting to read more about them. 

Since the lead female character had dark hair, it made me wonder why he still insisted on calling her Itarille.  She is still quite the innocent in that she never had a glimmer of suspicion about this.  On the last part, I felt sorry for the female character knowing that what she's longing for will not come true.