The Northern Sea (I) by Gadira

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Note:. This vignette is based on my long fic about Númenor: “Full of Wisdom and Perfect in Beauty”.. Alissha is an original character mentioned there. She was the eldest niece of Ar-Belzagar, and an unsucessful pretender to the Númenorean Sceptre. After losing the civil war against her cousin Ar-Adunakhôr, she was imprisoned in the Tower of Meneldur.
At the start of my fic, she is alread dead, but the shadow that she projects on later events is so long that I thought she deserved her five minutes of spotlight.

 On another news: I have a LJ: http://dracoena.livejournal.com/. There are discussions about this fic going on in it, and I also post the random related vignettes which come to my mind. (both the publishable and the nonpublishable).

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Vignette based on Full of Wisdom and Perfect in Beauty. No spoilers.
Alissha, entombed in her prison, surrenders to desperation.

Major Characters: Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: Sea Voyages

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 598
Posted on 4 July 2007 Updated on 4 July 2007

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh Maeve, I think I said it often and perhaps not often enough.. you have a beautiful balance of pacing in this vignette (and the other two I've already read), a dance almost. What I read here is a dance of desperation and regret. How does she last? How does she tolerate living like this? She simply must, somehow. Again this is another marbel of your fabulous Numenore !verse, thanks so much for sharing.