Blood as Warm as a Bird by darthfingon

Fanwork Information

Summary:

At the Havens of Sirion, Elwing must make a choice, Elrond must be brave, and Maglor must keep a promise.

Major Characters: Elrond, Elros, Elwing, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 413
Posted on 8 December 2009 Updated on 8 December 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Such a beautiful story!

I think you did the portrayal of Maedhros in his madness very well, because he did become rather single-minded toward the end. And understandably so, after all that he had gone through.

 As for Maglor, he never stopped being gentle, and that's what I like about him. You did a very good portrayal of Maglor in this one.

 Very good! I shall add this to my favorites.

I thought I had reviewed this one already. Or maybe I did somewhere else. I was just taking a look at it right now to get the link so I could recommend it as a sympathetic version of "Elwing's Choice" to someone who was hectoring to me about my SWG bio of Elwing. My not-so-subtle point in that bio was that Elwing as Tolkien wrote her is not very sympathetic for modern women, especially not mothers. You managed to write a scenario where I can come a whole lot closer to feeling for her.Lovely story. Best in the genre of Elwing-makes-her-choice that I have ever read, with no close seconds. Of course, your usual construction, pacing and language do not hurt a bit! Beautifully written as always.