Maeglin's Choice by chrissystriped

Fanwork Information

Summary:

After his release from Angband, Maeglin confides in Rog and events take a better turn.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Eärendil, Maeglin, Rog

Major Relationships: Celebrimbor/Maeglin, Maeglin & Rog, Eärendil/Elwing

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Hurt/Comfort

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn, Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 18 Word Count: 30, 094
Posted on 7 December 2021 Updated on 21 January 2023

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

chrissystriped has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


I really like that Rog is so supportive and that Turgon and Idril are doing their best, as well.

It already looks, in this chapter I got to, as if it is going to lead to a better outcome for most of them. Crossing fingers...

Thank you for your comment!

Rog understands what Maeglin has been through and how lonely it can be. He wants him to know that he is not alone. Turgon means well, but he never found a way to really connect with Maeglin after the disaster that was his arrival at Gondolin.

This fic got way out of hand during writing it but it started as a fix-it and I will fix this mess that is the end of the first age XD