Something Old, Something New by Grundy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Inspired by an image posted on the SWG Discord (https://discord.com/channels/473198398925963264/778794138513702942/8543…)

Did not tag for character because it's a surprise.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A young woman who is more than she seems joins Starfleet. (Silmarillion - ST:TNG crossover.)

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crossover

Challenges: Back To The Future

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 369
Posted on 10 July 2021 Updated on 10 July 2021

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

I only got her as far as the Academy...


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I guess I should have known sooner which of the granddaughters this was! I wasn't sure until the name reveal. And I was happy to discover who LearningFast was--a good choice of a friend for her! I wonder who the third online friend is and whether there was a clue there that others would have been able to unpack more easily than I.

Anyway, she's just the right character to boldly go where no man has gone before! 

I was amused by her verdict on the sports game, although I had to look it up, because I didn't remember it.

Thank you!

I wrote it so that up until she mentions a name it's reasonable to be wondering if it's Arwen or Tindomiel - although I decided I wanted it to be Tindomiel. She should get to have some adventures as well! The third online friend is meant to be an Orion girl - it was getting late and I couldn't settle on her actual name, so she just missed the cutoff for acceptance in the same year as Tindomiel and Data. (She'll pass the second time...I'm planning on doing more with this.)

 

DATAAAAAA

Ok, the line, "Hair first, though" absolutely sent me. What a mood.

The first thing I thought of when I saw "Citizen Ross" was "the Public Universal Friend," which, even if it wasn't intentional, has some interesting post-death parallels...

Love this so much!!!!!

Indeed, they were a Quaker! After a near-death experience, they woke up and claimed they were no longer to be known by their birth name, as they were a genderless being to be known as the Universal Public Friend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Universal_Friend. The "waking up after death" thing very much reminded me of that. It's quite an interesting story, if you have time to read the Wiki page.