Whatever it takes by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

So this belongs to the series Beneath our wings, that I have over on Ao3. This should work as a stand-alone, but there are two important things you need to know about BOW.

1. Elves have wings in this fic. That was part of the original prompt. An elf's wings often reflect one of their parents, and in this case Ereinion's reflect Maedhros' wings, which has lead to issues (see BOW1). The details of Maedhros' and Fingon's relationship have yet to be ironed out, but will most likely include Trans Tolkien.

2. Ereinion is aromantic.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Ereinion and Celebrían share a quiet moment on the eve of battle. Tomorrow they will try to break the siege on Imladris, tonight, they are two people worried about a loved one.

Major Characters: Celebrían, Gil-galad

Major Relationships: Celebrían & Gil-Galad

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Experimental

Challenges: Kings & Kink

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 077
Posted on 31 August 2021 Updated on 31 August 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Inspired by this quote from Jane Austen - Northanger Abbey, particularly the bolded part:

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature. My attachments are always excessively strong. ... The men think us incapable of real friendship, you know, and I am determined to show them the difference."


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

daughterofshadows has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


Good to know I achieved my aim then XD

I know the siege of Imladris ends comparatively happily, but Celebrían and Ereinion of course don't, and that worry was something I wanted to convey here.

I think that "hovering over the edge" feeling of not knowing whether you will fall or fly is difficult to write, but also really exciting.

A very tense and anxious situation! Fortunately, we know that they will succeed in raising the siege. (I assume that is still the case, even in this AU?)

I like the friendship between Ereinion and Celebrian here and your ideas about Celebrian as a healer.