The Sea Comes for Helevorn by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

In Himring 'verse, Caranthir's wife is Lake Helevorn, a being in some ways similar to Goldberry, or perhaps more to her mother, the River-woman.

The idea is introduced in this story: Helevorn: A Summer Romance.

At least one intervening story remains unwritten, so far.

 

Warnings for environmental damage, due to Morgoth and his forces, and description of the drowning of Beleriand.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

At the end of the War of Wrath, during the drowning of Beleriand, the Sea reaches ravaged Thargelion, where Caranthir once had his domain, and Lake Helevorn at the foot of Mount Rerir.

Major Characters: Unnamed Female Canon Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 510
Posted on 13 October 2021 Updated on 13 October 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


What a brilliant way to describe the destruction and hurt suffered by the environment by Morgoth's will, as well as the emotional impact of devastating trauma.

That the Sea is presented as both rescuing and healing force— and personified as Ulmo and Uinen—really appeals to me on many levels.

Evocative and beautiful in its own way.