A Farewell by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Warning for injury and allusion to the canonical hardships of the flight of the refugees from Dorthonion.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Morwen departs for Dor-lomin, with Rian and some other refugees of the House of Beor, while Emeldir and others remain in Brethil.

Major Characters: Emeldir, Morwen

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 101
Posted on 22 October 2021 Updated on 22 October 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Originally written for Zdenka as a treat drabble for Multifandom Drabble 2021, Round 2.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I like this because it shows Morwen's vulnerability and personal warmth. When I first encountered her I found her so stoic I almost could not relate. It took me ages to see beneath that exterior.

Thank you, Oshun!

I do think her early experiences left some scarring that later comes out sometimes in unfortunate ways. And I'm sure she was temperamentally somewhat of a stoic to begin with! But those that knew her well, like Emeldir and Hurin, would have recognized her vulnerability and strong affections. I see those in her as well.

I remember you wrote her bio!