Pinching Time by Anérea

| | |

Fanwork Notes

A sketch created for the Gnome Tome Challenge, inspired by the prompt "The Valar cannot undo history without undoing Ea".

(And which serendipitously could be a portrait of elennalore's AU version of Varda and the destruction of the Two Lamps: Radiance—also written for a Gnome Tome challenge prompt: 'any one of the Valar might have taken the paths of Melkor and become like him: one was enough''. So I've gifted this her.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Varda experiments with undoing just a wee bit of history...

Major Characters: Valar, Varda

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Gnome Tome

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 32
Posted on 1 November 2021 Updated on 3 November 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

This prompt immediately made me wonder what "undoing Eä" would actually look like, with images of stars and nebulae swirling through my mind's eye, before I wondered what the quote was actually referencing. After reading the relevant section in NoME I decided my initial imagery would be far more fun to work with. And then I saw the mind-blowingly beautiful Pillars of Creation (Varda's hand) at the centre of the Eagle Nebula, which Varda said she was particularly proud of and that she'd gladly pose for me...


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, that's such a cool interpretation of this concept!

(And Pillars of Creation are an excellent choice of Nebula for this pic, especially in this context! I  mean, they're always a great choice for nebulae but using them in a piece for undoing is peak performance. Okay, I'll leave you alone with my Astrophysics humour now XD)